These are the invited presentations that I have given over the past few years. I will be adding links to PDF versions of the slide shows for selected presentations that I gave since entering my doctoral program at Penn. If you are interested in a presentation that doesn’t have a link, contact me.
I am also listing presentations that I will be giving in the future, if you are interested in seeing me talk. Contact me for exact times and presentation details.
- “Workforce Development Efforts, Metro Collaborations, and Regional Councils” at National Association of Regional Councils Annual Conference. June 8 9AM – 10AM
- “Putting It All Together” Florida Association of Community Development Corporations Annual Summit. June 26, Melbourne Beach Florida.
- “Will Talent Attraction and Retention Improve Metropolitan Labor Markets? The Labor Market Impact of Increased Educational Attainment in U.S. Metropolitan Regions 1990-2010” Penn Institute for Urban Research and Penn Urban Studies Doctoral Colloquium. Philadelphia, PA. May 16, 2014
- “Why Regions Experience Divergent Labor Market Outcomes After Increased Bachelor’s Degree Attainment” International Joint Congress of AESOP and ACSP. Dublin, Ireland. July 15-19.
- “We Got More Educated, We Are Better Off… Right?” (Executive Summary) 2013 Federal Reserve System Community Development Research Conference. Resilience and Rebuilding for Low-Income Communities: Research to Inform Policy and Practice. April 11-12, 2013
- “Creating the Sustainable Communities Indicators Catalog” with Eugenie Birch, Amy Lynch, and Simon Mosbah. 2013 Federal Reserve System Community Development Research Conference. Resilience and Rebuilding for Low-Income Communities: Research to Inform Policy and Practice. April 11-12, 2013
- “We Got Smarter, We Are Doing Better… Right?” Urban Affairs Association National Conference, San Francisco, CA. April 3-6
- “Creating the Sustainable Community Indicators Catalog” with Eugenie Birch and Amy Lynch. Urban Affairs Association National Conference, San Francisco, CA. April 3-6
- “How Regions Get Smarter and What it Means for the Labor Market” Penn Urban Studies Colloquium. February 19, 2013
- “How Regions Get Smarter and What it Means for the Local Labor Market.” Penn Institute for Urban Research Doctoral Poster Symposium. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 2013
- “Grow Your Own, Get Your Own, or Just Grow Businesses?” Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning National Conference. Cincinnati, Ohio. November 2012
- “Developing the Sustainable Communities Indicators Catalog” with Eugenie Birch and Amy Lynch. Community Indicators Consortium Impact Summit. College Park, Maryland. November 2012
- “From Clean and Safe to Infrastructure Investment the Changing Role of Business Improvement Districts: The Philadelphia Story” Society of American City and Regional Planning History National Conference. Baltimore, Maryland. November 2011
- “Towards a Modern Central Place Theory: Downtowns, Shopping Districts, and Business Clusters in Metropolitan America” Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning National Conference. Salt Lake City, Utah. October 2011
- “Developing a National Urban Sustainability Indicator System: Creating a SMART System” Community Indicators Consortium Conference, 2011
- “Findings from the Review of Twenty-Two Sustainability Indices and What It Means for an Urban Sustainability Indicator System” presented to U.S. HUD Office of Policy Development and Research, November 2011
- “What is an Engaged University? A Study of University Involvement in Community Development” American Planning Association National Conference, New Orleans, April 2010
- “Housing, Families, and Affordability in Charlottesville” Making Charlottesville A World Class City for the Next Generation, Charlottesville, VA, April 2009
- “How to Bring the Right Development to Your Downtown” Virginia Main Street Spring Training Conference, Orange, VA, April 2008, Moderator and Host
- “Journey Through Small Towns: Regional Preservation Partnerships as an Economic Development Tool” Virginia Main Street Summer Toolkit Conference, Luray, VA, July 2007